Onboarding Outcomes Timeline
Prior to Start
- Deliver a warm welcome to team member.
- The workspace should be fully equipped for the team member to be able to do their job.
- The team member feels welcomed and prepared to start working.
- The team member starts to get familiar with Department/Division lingo and acronyms.
- The team member starts to understand the position, goals (theirs and the Department’s or Division’s).
- Team member starts professional development: their duties and State of Missouri Core Curriculum.
- The team member begins to build relationships, job knowledge, and starts to settle into their position.
- There is an understanding of expectations.
- Engage has been discussed or completed.
- The team member understands the cultural norms of the office and feels more comfortable at office events.
- Team member feels more at ease with professional development efforts.
- The team member feels a sense of belonging.
- Continuous improvement is encouraged so that team member feels comfortable making suggestions to improve workflow and processes.
- The team member is applying skills, contributing to the team and starting to understand how their work affects others.